Blog posts submitted to BEST OF B2B are not published on our site – we simply link to where they appear in other online contexts.
We review each post before publishing it, reserving the right to include or reject posts without notification. Here’s how we choose (yes, it’s quite a list!):
We like these advisory topic types:
- Long-form articles of 400+ words in length
- Tables, charts and diagrams
- Informative videos
We don’t like consumer-focused content, for example:
- 5 Ways to Refine Your Mobile Marketing Campaign and Increase ROI
- How to Create Interactive Experiences Based on Their Stage in the Journey
- What if Brands Stopped Thinking ‘Content’ and Started Thinking Something Else?
No vendor-promotional messages:
- Point of Sale: Retail & Travel Weekly
- Watching Primetime TV? Get to Know Your TV App.
- Adobe’s 2016 Holiday Shopping Predictions: Tips for Capitalizing on 2016’s Holiday Shopping Season
- Deliver the Personalized Experience Consumers are Expecting
No company-focused industry news:
- Adobe Named a Leader in Forrester Wave Report on Lead to Revenue Management Vendors
No education market stuff:
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Livefyre
No event announcements or reviews:
- How Students Can Use Timeline Templates in the Classroom
No product update announcements:
- ‘B2B Rising’ Road Show Is A Call To Action For Senior Marketers
No career-oriented stuff:
- How to Create Social Media Graphics and Banner Ads in Visme [New Feature]
Avoid ‘cutesy’ articles:
- 3 Extreme Resume Makeovers (And How to Create Your Own Visual Resume)
Avoid headlines that are too broad or vague:
- What Marketing Can Learn From The Most Outstanding Meal I’ve Ever Had
- Gotta Catch Em’ All! — High-Value Customers not Pokémon!
- Brace Yourself For The Ad-Pocalypse
Avoid click-baiting headlines:
- 16 Female B2B Marketers—One Question, Many Challenges
- The Heat—For B2B Marketing—Is Rising
- Transunion’s B2B And B2C Cmos Agree: ‘Information Is Good’
- B2B Marketers Need To Go Back To The Basics
No nested articles:
- 3 Ways Your Customers Might Hate You (And You May Not Know It)
No summaries of past posts or news:
- Digital Marketing Essentials: Marketing Tools, European Advertising Insights, And More
Avoid off-topic articles:
- This Week in Content Marketing: Content + Audience for the Win
Avoid info overload:
- The Weird & Wonderful Odyssey Behind The Writing Of An Ambitious Book
- 25 Experts Reveal the No. 1 Thing You Should Do in Content Marketing
Frequently asked questions
Q: Why are you guys so choosy about which types of posts you list?
A: That’s because we’re busy marketers ourselves – and we just want to cut to the chase by listing helpful, specific content that guides ourselves and our corporate clients to do a better job of marketing.
Q: How many posts can I write as a BEST OF B2B author?
A: If you’re a good writer and you write things our marketing audience is likely to find valuable, there’s no limit!
Q: What are the benefits of being a BEST OF B2B author?
A: BEST OF B2B is the only place on the web where people can search for posts written by any of their favorite B2B experts by name. Your messages will be boosted and spread beyond their original online location, potentially reaching thousands of professionals. And of course, all authors are recognized in article bylines and in biographies on the blog.
Get in touch